Autism Intervention Program
Intervention includes 2 hours program / day in the following areas –
- Speech, language and Communication.
- Social skills.
- Occupational therapy and sensory integration.
Know more: Language and Social Skill Assessment
Autism Intervention Program Comprised of
- 1 hour of one to one therapy .Under one on one intervention program the child works with an instructor. The areas of focus under this program are primarily developing speech , use of language, visual skills , pre academic skills , and single partner social skills.
- 1 hour of occupational therapy and sensory integration.
- When a child is ready to respond to group work, he is made to participate in a group of 3 to 5 kids.
Under the Group interventions the child learns to sit and work with other children. In this intervention, we make efforts to make the child more independent in his/her task completion.
Key Features of Autism Intervention Program :
The group instructions are the key features of this program
- Peer play and structured group activities are encouraged through support.
- Individualized program for each child is created , based on his assessment http://autism.org.in/language-and-social-skill-assessment/
- keeping in view that people with autism often have an uneven pattern of development.
- Education in the Autism Intervention Centre is seen as a three way process between child, parent and teacher. Child’s program or target list is discussed with the parents. Parents’ input is taken in deciding the targets of the program.
- Programs are reviewed on decided dates.
Autism Intervention & Learning Centre Consultation Services
- Consultations are provided to the parents and caregivers. In case of parental concern about the diagnosis . And also understanding how the child can make progress. Reassuring them that there are positive steps that they can take to address the child’s developmental needs.
- Consultations are provided in case of behavioral problems that hinders a child’s learning. Or if a parent sees behavior as a social concern by the parent or the caregiver.
- The problem is analysed through the parent interview and child observation. After the analysis of the observation and feedback by the parents, the parents are advised on a program.